The music returns: rumba, jazz and son
We inform you that Varadero will be the main city of this summer. The Varadero Josone Festival will be held from August 22nd to 25th. It is an event full of people, live music and concerts, and the beach. The location is perfect since Varadero has been one of the favourite destinations for tourists for years.
The music that will predominate will be rumba, jazz and son, the typical Cuban sounds. On the other hand, fortunately this year is celebrated in the largest resort on the Island.
Who will participate?
Obviously, after the first edition that was attended by artists such as Gilberto Santa Rosa, Álvaro Torres and José Alberto “El Canario”, the Varadero Josone Festival is celebrated again. The Honorary President Issac Delgado wants to consolidate the event as one of the largest internationally.
Also, the festival is supported by the Music Recordings and Editions Company (EGREM), the Ministry of Culture of Cuba, the Ministry of Tourism, the Cuban Institute of Music and the Palmares Extrahotelera Company.
On the other hand, there will be many music groups at the festival. For instance: Formell and Los Van Van, Ivette Cepeda, Pupy and those that are Son, Francisco Céspedes, Yoruba Andabo, Eme Alfonso, Paulo FG and his Elite, Descemer Bueno, Haila María Mompié, Buena Fe, Muñequitos de Matanzas, Issac Delgado and his Orchestra.
In addition, there will be artists from other countries like Eva Ayllón, Weedie Braimah and The Hands of Time.
Where should you buy tickets?
After that, if you wish to come to live this unique experience, you can buy tickets to access the concerts at the various points of the Cultural Tourism Agency Paradiso (La Habana and Varadero). In addition, you can obtain tickets in the multiple spaces of the Palmares ExtraHotelera Company, in the EGREM Music House and in the Josone Park itself.
- Emilio Vega and his Step to the Front (09:00 pm)
- Yoruba Andabo (10:00 pm)
- Eme Alfonso (11:00 pm)
- Alain Pérez and the Orchestra (12:00 am)
- Formell and Los Van Van (01:00 am)
- Jacob Forever (02:00 am)
- Kono and the Boys of Cuba (09:00 pm)
- Weedie Braimah and The Hands of Time (10:00 pm)
- Ivette Cepeda (11:00 pm)
- Lazarito Valdés and Bamboleo (12:00 am)
- Issac Delgado and his Orchestra (01:00 am)
- Manolito Simonet and his Trabuco (02:00 am)
- Paulo FG and his Elite (03:00 am)
- Saxophone Quartet (09:00 pm)
- Quintero’s Latin Jazz Project (10:00 pm)
- Haila María Mompié and her Orchestra (11:00 pm)
- Good faith (12:00 am)
- Descend Good (01:00 am)
- Pupy and the Son Son (02:00 am)
- Alexander Abreu and Havana D’Primera (03:00 am)
- Gastón Joya and The New Cuban Trio (09:00 pm)
- Eva Ayllón and Jorge Reyes feat Muñequitos de Matanzas (10:00 pm)
- Pancho Céspedes (11:00 pm)
- The Child and The Truth (12:00 am)
- Adalberto Álvarez and his Son (01:00 am)
- Divan (02:00 am)
Finally, we hope you can attend in the Varadero Josone Festival and enjoy a great experience. When you are entering Cuba, you need a Cuba tourist visa. For this reason, we recommend you to fill out the cuba visa application form before your travel date.