The Caribbean paradise
Cuba’s paradise begins in Havana, one of the oldest cities on the New Continent. It distinguishes two main areas:
- Old Havana: declared a World Heritage Site by UNESCO and Modern Havana. It is a great cultural center, where you can find the Plaza de Armas, El Castillo del Morro, La Giraldilla, etc.
- Modern Havana: you find the famous Malecon, the Capitol, the Plaza and the Museum of the Revolution and the Great. They are the main attractions of the island, but this tour continues through the rest of the country’s historic cities such as Cienfuegos or Trinidad. You can see incredible beaches such as Ensenachos, Varadero or Cayo Santa María.
In addition, located in a wonderful bay protected by the castle of Jagua, in Cienfuegos you will find a whole Cuban architectural jewel, that stands out among other things, for the good taste of the buildings of the Historical Center.
On the other hand, in Trinidad you will find one of the first cities founded by the Spaniards at the beginning of the 16th century. It was also declared a World Heritage Site by UNESCO in 1989. Also, is another of the jewels of colonial architecture in Cuba and throughout the Americas. Highlights include the Palace of Izanaga, the Church of the Holy Trinity and the Palace of Count Brunet.
Going inland is Santa Clara, a quiet city whose historical importance dates back to 1958, when Che took over the power of the city. Highlighting the Che Guevara Square with the Mausoleum-Museum, the Municipal Palace, the Armored Train and the Theater of Charity.
Cuba is undoubtedly a great destination: 5 reasons
Finally, we inform you that you have to travel at least once in your life. If you visit Cuba, you will:
- Discover wonderful natural landscapes that only take place in this incredible Caribbean paradise.
- Enjoy paradise among dream beaches, incredible reefs and tropical fish.
- Walk along the mythical Malecon, the streets of incredible beauty and colonial style. Not forgetting the port of Havana.
- Visit unforgettable historical cities such as Trinidad and Cienfuegos.
- Relax on some of the most beautiful beaches in the world: Varadero, Cayo Santa María or Ensenachos.
We hope this information has been helpful to plan your trip to Cuba!